MAKE A GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION!
• Think about painting your front door a different colour to create focus.
• Add a brass knocker or a decorative light fitting; change the door handle.
• Add a potted topiary or lemon tree to soften a cold entrance area.
• Polish or replace your house numbers and post box (if you have them).
• Clean out your gutters and hide your garden tools.
JUST A COAT OF PAINT...
Can do wonders! Walls constitute the largest element in your home and so whether it’s outside or in, a fresh coat of paint really gives your home a lift.
LIGHTEN UP YOUR WORLD
Light is probably the most important element in creating atmosphere in a home, yet it is often given little consideration. Different levels of lighting and several light sources can work together to create a subtle, aesthetically pleasing interior.
INVEST IN THE HEART OF YOUR HOME - THE KITCHEN
• Repaint or remodel your kitchen cabinets because they are the most visible feature of your kitchen. You can stencil a decorative design onto each cabinet, put on attractive new handles or you can even cut out panels and insert glass.
• You can vastly improve the look of a kitchen by replacing worn or ugly counter tops. Laminate countertops are an inexpensive way to do this.
• Check out your kitchen floor. If you’re not happy, change it! Costs will vary. Options include vinyl flooring, hardwood, parquet or tiling.
ADD SOME MAGIC TOUCHES TO YOUR BATHROOMS
• Think of re-painting your bathrooms.
• Neatly hang new towels in your bathrooms.
• Add small dishes or wicker baskets filled with scented and colourful soaps.
• A new shower curtain, rail and rings can make a big difference. Use a clear shower curtain for small bathrooms.
• Unattractive taps and faucets are worth replacing.
GIVE YOUR CUPBOARDS A FACELIFT
Look at replacing, painting or adding a decorative trim to cupboard doors, or simply update your units by replacing the door handles.
ADD SOME ATMOSPHERE TO THE GARDEN
A bench or swing chair invites conversation and companionship; the sound of running water from a water feature is very soothing; a hammock evokes thoughts of holidays and relaxation.
DRESS YOUR LOUNGE
Adding scatter cushions or throws can really change the look of a lounge, and means you can keep abreast with trends in colour, fabrics and textures without having to spend a fortune.
BRING THE OUTSIDE IN
A vase of fresh cut flowers or even a bowl of fruit can add vitality to a room.
CLEAN THE CLUTTER
'Stuff' has a way of accumulating very quickly! Clutter causes stress and is often ugly. The best way to control things from piling up is to plan your storage carefully and then institute some basic household rules about putting things away! Also, don’t be afraid to throw ‘stuff’ away!